Leaderboard
728x15

'The Famous 7 Mile Beach', Jamaica, Negril, 7 Mile Beach

Large Rectangle

Some cool vacation to jamaica images:


'The Famous 7 Mile Beach', Jamaica, Negril, 7 Mile Beach
vacation to jamaica
Image by WanderingtheWorld (www.LostManProject.com)
Portfolio | Travel Blog | Tumblr | Youtube |Contact Me
Below is an excerpt from my travel blog. Cheers.

The sun is strong down here in Jamaica. I was only on the beach for a few hours and my sun tolerant skin was telling me enough. The beaches are spectacular. Negril is famous because of its 7 mile stretch of beautiful white sand.

Most people associate Jamaica with Bob Marley. He's a legend here. His birthday, February 6th is a national holiday. Signs for festivities were up everywhere on the island. Bob Marley was a Rastafarian. As ignorant as it may sound, I had no idea Rastafari is a religious movement that arose in Jamaica around the 1930s. Its followers worship Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia (former emperor of Ethiopia) as God incarnate. Its movement encompasses themes such as the spiritual use of cannabis and the rejection of western society. Most Rastas consider it a 'way of life', as opposed to a religion. There are currently close to 1 million Rastafaris in the world today.

It amazes me how much culture has come from this lively little island in the Caribbean.

Banner